Covid-19 Updates

Friday, April 3

Dear Hosmer Point Families,

This is a time to test our patience! We wait for news to guide us on how to plan for the future, while new events change the outlook everyday.  Our consolation is that we’re all in this together! We’re writing today with a reminder that our camp family is here for each other. Jon, Carrie, Claire, and Thayer are busily generating  ideas to keep us connected through the next few months. We continue to work with the American Camp Association and our consulting physicians to keep abreast of changes, and we are hopeful that in the next 4-6 weeks we will have enough information to know what camp will look like in 2020.  We will keep you updated!

In the meantime, connect with your camp family!

  • We are posting new “how-to” videos from our counselors every few days. There are already eight science, craft, and cooking projects led by your favorite camp staff.  Check them out, comment, and share your projects!  

  • Beginning Sunday, April 12 at 7:00 PM Eastern Time we will be hosting weekly live Sunday Campfires via Zoom.  Join us for stories, singalongs, and “face time” with counselors and camp friends (the s’mores are up to you). (email us for the link if you'd like to join)

Hosmer Point is more than a place or the activities we do there (though we all love those).  More importantly, it’s the feeling of belonging and being together - and that’s something we can have anytime, anywhere.  

Sending long-distance hugs! 

  • Jon, Claire, Thayer, and Carrie


Monday, March 16

Dear Camp Families,

As uncertainty surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic continues, we would like to relieve concerns about summer camp as much as we can.  To that end:

  • The tuition due date/cancellation deadline is suspended indefinitely.  We will continue to hold all camper’s spots regardless of payment status, until further notice.  A new deadline will be set when more information is available and we are able to have a more clear picture of what the summer will look like.

  • Should we need to cancel all or part of our season, all participants will be refunded in full or may apply their tuition to 2021.

  • If your camp session goes forward but your child cannot attend because they are quarantined or still in school, you may also cancel for a full refund.

  • If camp goes forward but you are facing financial constraints due to the crisis, additional scholarship funding will be available.  If necessary, you may cancel for a full refund.

Working with the American Camp Association, Vermont Department of Health, and our consulting physicians, we will continue to closely monitor the situation as it evolves and develop plans to increase safety and hygiene at Hosmer Point.  We are hopeful that we will be able to safely hold some or all of our camp sessions in 2020.

Hopefully these steps will allow your family to confidently keep Hosmer Point as a possibility for this summer.  We all need something to look forward to!

We will continue to email regular updates in the coming weeks as more information becomes available.  These updates will also be posted on our website here: 

Our Directors and Counselors will also be posting activity ideas on Facebook and Instagram to keep your kids active, outdoors, and creatively exploring while they are at home these next few weeks.

We know that the community and resiliency fostered at Hosmer Point will be needed more than ever as we all navigate these unknown waters.  We hope to bring that community spirit forward to support each other through the coming weeks.

Take care!

Jon, Carrie, and Claire