Looking for things to do in the Craftsbury area while your child is at camp? Here are some ideas:
- Explore some of the many sports, fitness, and wellness offerings at our sister organization, the Craftsbury Outdoor Center, which also offers rooms and cabin rentals as well as delicious farm-to-table meals, a pump track, and mountain bike trails and rentals.
- Stop by a classic Vermont general store. The Willey's Store in Greensboro and Currier's Market in Glover are famous for stocking almost anything you could want. Craftsbury General Store is a great place to stop for lunch and to stock up on local cheese, maple products, and beer.
- Go on a brewery tour. There are many excellent craft breweries in the area, including the famous Hill Farmstead Brewery, Lost Nation Brewing, Rock Art Brewery, and Kingdom Brewing.
- Visit Bread and Puppet Theater in Glover. One-of-a-kind political theater with giant puppets and fresh sourdough bread with garlic! It's not like anything you've ever seen before.
- The Museum of Everyday Life is a self-serve museum in a barn, investigating the fascinating minutiae of everyday objects.
- The Old Stone House Museum in Barton has exhibits on Vermont farming through the ages in a one-of-a-kind stone house with a fascinating history of it's own. Stop by the look-out tower for a great view.
- Go for a hike! There are many good options near-by, including Elmore State Park and Mount Pisgah. Hike the (strenuous) Long Trail to the top of Jay Peak and ride the tram back down! For an easier walk, try Barr Hill.
- Go for a swim! Local public access beaches include Elmore State Park, Caspian Lake, Crystal Lake, and Lake Willoughby. Jay Peak's waterpark is great for rainy days.
- Parker Pie is the local's pick for pizza and beverages at lunch or dinner. Don't miss the Green Mountain Special pizza topped with maple syrup and Vermont cheddar!
- Red Sky Trading in Glover is an antique store - that also has the best doughnuts in the Kingdom. Head over early for the best chance at doughnut goodness.
- Visit the Highland Lodge for local pub fare or drinks. Lodging is available too! Check their website before you go - the kitchen and bar aren't open every day.
- The Highland Center for the Arts in Greensboro has a full schedule of music and theater offerings as well as classes, a cafe, and art gallery.