2020 Camp Dates & Enrollment
2020 Camp Dates
Eligibility by grade entering in fall of 2020
Wylie Hill (3rd - 8th grade): June 21-26
Holiday Hill (5th - 10th grade): June 28 - July 10
Black River (5th - 10th grade): July 12 - 24
Bayley Hazen (5th - 10th grade): July 26 - August 7
Leadership Trek (10th - 11th grade): July 26 - August 7
Wild Branch (3rd - 8th grade): August 9 - August 14
LIT programs will now have a competitive admissions process, along with our CIT program-- If your camper will be a rising 11th or 12th grader in 2020, expect to hear more about that this summer! Applications will be due January 1, and applicants notified by February 1.
Registration Changes for the 2020 Camp Season
The word is out about the great things that happen at Hosmer Point, and our sessions have filled earlier each year. While it’s been very gratifying to see registrations take off, it’s heartbreaking to tell a family with whom we’ve built a relationship that there’s no space left for their child. This Winter, after many conversations with families, we’ve worked with our Advisory Board to create a new enrollment policy with these goals in mind:
1. Maintain our camp community by enabling campers to return to the same session each year.
2. Prioritize campers who are “aging out” of their programs and need to move into different sessions.
3. Keep camp accessible to families of all incomes and backgrounds
Under the new 2020 plan we will have tiered registration windows which will prioritize campers returning to the same session and one-week campers and Saplings who are “aging out.”
- Closing day of each session - August 31: Campers may sign up for their current session only (unless aging out)
- September 1 - September 30: Campers may sign up for different sessions or switch sessions, siblings of campers and campers who did not attend in 2019 may also register
- October 1 - October 31: Wait listed campers may sign up
- November 1: Registration open to the general public
Campers attending one week sessions who will be entering 8th or 9th grade this fall may select a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice of two week session for 2020. Please email registration preferences to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Families will be notified by September 1 with their two-week camp placement.
Questions about registration? Get in touch!