Leader In Training Camp
Leadership training, Hosmer Point camp fun, and team building adventure for 16 -17 year-olds who have completed their Sophomore year of high school. Besides participating in special LIT and camp activities, LITs learn work skills and responsibility by assisting with camp chores for a few hours each week.
LIT activities include:
- Leadership training exercises
- A team building adventure trip
- Mini-internships with camp staff
- Leadership roles in camp activities
- More independence as you become a camp leader!
2017 LIT Sessions
Session 1 - June 25 - July 7
Session 2 - July 9 - July 21
Session 3 - July 23 - August 4
- Who can be a regular camper? Who can attend a Wilderness Trek? Who can be an LIT? Who can be a CIT? If you turn 15 on or before August 15, then you can be a regular camper. Wilderness Treks are for campers currently in grades 9 or 10. LIT Camp is for those turning 16 on or before August 15th and who are in grade 10 or above. CIT Camp is for those turning 17 on or before August 15th and who are in grade 11 or above.
- How much does LIT Camp cost? Both camps are the same price as our other two-week camps (we use the same sliding scale pricing, so you pay what you can afford).
- How many LITs will be at camp each session? Up to 8.
- How can I decide which program is right for me? If you feel like you've tried all the camp activities too many times, or that you need new challenges in your life, the Wilderness Treks will be a great opportunity to try new things and challenge yourself while also staying connected to your camp family and getting time to hang out at Hosmer Point. If you look forward to all the camp traditions and activities all year long, and can't imagine your summer without them, then LIT Camp will allow you to experience all the fun you love, while continuing to advance as a camp leader.