Counselors In Training Camp for Ages 17 -18
Hands-on training for 17 - 18 year-olds who want to be camp counselors or work with children. Must have completed your Junior year of high school or equivalent, and have completed an LIT session or have recently attended Hosmer Point as a camper. The CIT program is our way of building exceptional camp counselors for the future. If your goal is to be the best counselor ever, you need to be a CIT! Besides assisting with the daily operations of camp, CITs have an opportunity to lead programs and gain the Red Cross certifications (at no extra charge) you'll need to be a camp counselor.
- Obtain Red Cross First Aid and CPR certification
- Earn Red Cross Lifeguard certification (for those who pass swim test)
- Plan and lead camp activities
- Learn and practice strategies for teaching and working with children
- Get a chance to delve deeper into favorite program areas
- The gateway to being a Hosmer Point counselor - be considered for hire along with returning staff.
June 24 - August 4
For an application, email Sarah Bell at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due by March 1
Because CITs are such an important part of our camp family, we look for community-minded previous campers with the very best leadership skills for these roles. You must have completed an LIT session at Hosmer Point or be a recent Hosmer Point camper. Candidates must apply for this program. LITs from the previous season will be notified when the application is available. Applications are due by March 1.
There is a $500 fee for participation in the CIT program. The fee may be waived in cases of financial need - please contact us for details.